The experts from Compassion House Calls manage pain, symptoms and stresses of serious illness to enhance your sense of comfort, wellbeing and quality of life.
Compassion House Calls is the area’s only home-based palliative care program developed to address the complex pain and symptom management needs of patients with serious illness. We care for patients of any age and at any stage of their illness.
Staffed by specially trained nurse practitioners and RNs who are backed by physicians board certified in palliative care, the Compassion House Calls team has partnered with area physicians to improve patients’ comfort in their own homes.
Partnering with Your Physicians
The Compassion House Calls team can partner with your physicians to assess your condition and needs, then enhance the interventions they have prescribed for your symptoms.
By working with your physicians, the Compassion House Calls team adds extra support at home to the treatments you are receiving, helping improve your comfort and ability to enjoy life. Call today to see how we can help: (409) 835-8357
Overview of Services:
You may be symptomatic due to a serious illness such as cancer, heart failure, COPD or emphysema, kidney disease, a progressive neurological disorder, dementia or debility. You may be experiencing:
- Shortness of breath
- Bone, muscle, nerve, tissue or tumor pain
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Difficulty sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Other debilitating symptoms
And, in addition, your quality of life is affected by these issues:
- The side effects of your treatment are debilitating and difficult to manage.
- You often go to the ER or are hospitalized due to uncontrolled pain or other symptoms.
- You have several illnesses that, combined, make your care needs more complex.
- Your condition has worsened and you are confused or worried about the progression of your disease and treatment options.
- You have been released from the hospital or a rehab facility and are having difficulty maintaining your comfort at home.
- You have emotional or spiritual concerns that are affecting your wellbeing.
- Your caregivers are struggling to understand and manage your illness.
- It is physically difficult for you to visit your physician’s office.
After visiting you, an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) will evaluate your condition and, in collaboration with the entire Compassion House Calls team – which includes palliative care physicians, Nurse Practitioners and RNs – will contact and make recommendations to your own physician. Your physician will continue to manage your care. The Compassion House Calls care team may visit you several more times, or simply stay in touch by phone, until your symptoms are better controlled.